Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet, tart, cool -- and nourishing! This thick shake combines puréed canned fruit, juice and sherbet with slushy ice. Perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, in heavy syrup*
- 9 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces Orange sherbet
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- Ice cream scoop.
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée entire can of fruit cocktail. Set fruit cocktail purée aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make three drinks: In a blender, add fruit cocktail purée, pomegranate juice and orange sherbet. Fill a 16-ounce glass with ice, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Pour into pint glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Tip: Add 1-1/2 ounces pomegranate-flavored vodka to turn this into an adult-only treat.
- Serving glass: 16-ounce pint glass.
- Servings: 3.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 180; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 30mg; Carbohydrate 44g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 4%DV**; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV.
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of fruit cocktail in heavy syrup makes 3 drinks.
- ** Daily Value.