Popcorn and cranberry garlands and snacks are popular for American winter holidays. Well, this is a popcorn and pomegranate snack. Pomegranates abound in the fall where I live, and I love them, so I buy a lot of them. This is a little hard to eat, but it's tasty. It's also very high in fiber.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Pop the popcorn in a hot air popcorn popper.
- Salt the popcorn to taste.
- Put about a cup of popcorn in a bowl.
- Add a handful (about 1/4 cup) of pomegranate seeds.
- I suggest mixing this a bowlful at a time, because the pomegranate sinks to the bottom.
- Take handfuls (or spoonfuls, if you're neat) of pomegranate& popcorn, getting some of both.
- I ate this all by myself, but it might make 2 or more smaller servings.
This is the perfect light snack. I used Boy Scout microwave kettle corn. It is slightly sweet, but great with added salt. The tang of the pomegranate is a great combo.