Nana Lee's Note:
This is a method for making fresh pomegranate juice to drink or make jelly. It was sent to me by Chef Sean #2. I'm salivating just thinking about pomegranate juice and jelly! Thank you, Sean!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off the top and bottom, approximately 1/4 inch, of the Pomegranate.
- 2Score (by cutting almost through the outer skin) around the body of it.
- 3Submerge the whole fruit in cold water.
- 4Pry it apart on the scores.
- 5The ripe Arrils (seed sacks) will sink, while the unripe ones will float.
- 6Once you've done approximately 5 or 6, just gather the Arrils.
- 7Put approximately 1.5 cups in a blender container. Measure into the same blender container 3 cups water and Ice combined.
- 8Top with 1.5 cups more Arrils.
- 9Turn on the blender to liquefy, let it run approximately 3 minutes. (To break open the seed sacks.)
- 10Strain the resulting liquid through doubled or tripled cheesecloth, or if you happen to have a piece of cotton cloth, you can use that.
- 11I find it works best if you let it rest for 24 hours.
- 12Read more at: http://www.food.com/mail/view?msgid=3853316&oc=linkback.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pomegranate Juice
Serving Size: 1 (2643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.7 g
- Sugars 88.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g