Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Any orange or mandarin variety may be substituted for Clementines.
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup reduced pomegranate syrup (do not reduce molasses) or 1⁄4 cup pomegranate molasses, chilled (do not reduce molasses)
- 2 tablespoons clementine zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almonds or 1⁄4 cup toasted hazelnuts or 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Place butter in medium mixing bowl and with an electric mixer (fitted with a paddle) or wooden spoon, beat until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Beat in the pomegranate syrup or molasses, Clementine zest and sugar, scraping sides of the bowl as needed to incorporate all ingredients.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Scrape butter into a small bowl, crock or butter mold and cover tightly or shape into a long roll on grease-proof paper (plastic, wax or parchment) for storing and slicing as needed.