Recipe by Rita~
This Vibrant Spicy jelly is made with a mix of three chili’s bring this to a HOT heat level. You can use all three or play with what chili's you get a hold of. Serve on cream cheese with crackers or alongside meat. Blend some into a salad dressing. Place some in a shaker with citrus vodka for a yummy spicy martini. Or add to a margarita for a nice kick.
- 4 1⁄4 cups pomegranate juice, 100% organic no sugar added
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 fresh red cayenne chilies, deseeded if you want
- 2 fresh red jalapeno chilies, deseeded if you want
- 2 fresh red scorpion chilies, deseeded if you want
- 1⁄2 of a 6 ounce package 1 foil pouch pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Sterilize the jars and lids. Prepare the water canner.
- Place the chilies into a blender or food processor and puree them with 1/2 cup of juice.
- 1. (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine all ingredients but pectin in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin stirring while boiling hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps Process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.