Recipe by dicentra
From 365 Great Barbecue and Grilling Recipes. Too easy!
Top Review by SmoochCook
This amazed me at how tender it turned out even with a store brand chicken purchase I made. My family didn't really care for it much. I even served mom's rice with raisins in it too, but she said it wasn't a family favorite. Guess I'll go back to the same ol' recipes...ah, boredom. Thanks for an easy recipe and I'm sure it tasted terrific. Might try it on some veggies or fish for myself in the future and just bake it instead.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over chicken. Marinate, turning occasionally 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a hot fire. Remove chicken from sauce and place skin side down on an oiled grill, reserving sauce.
- Grill, turning once, until chicken is browned on both sides, about 15 minutes per side.
- Continue grilling, turning and basting frequently with the sauce until chicken is cooked through.