Chef #928625's Note:
Crumbly Mexican peanut cookies.Use roasted peanuts that have not been salted,remove the papery skin ,and grind in a spice mill or coffee grinderThey should be a powder,more or less uniform ,but a few pieces add texture.Peanut butter cannot be substituted.Yield is aprox.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 f.
- 2Beat the butter and lard together.Add the sugar,salt,and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy .
- 3Add the flour,peanuts,and baking powder,mix well.The dough will probably be crumbly.Add water,a sponful at the time until the dough comes together.
- 4Turn dough out onto a well floured surface.Roll to 1/4 " thick and cut into rounds.
- 5Place on an ungreased cookie sheet,spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes,turning the cookie sheet around halfway through.The cookies should be a light golden brown around the edges.
- 6Remove to a rack and dust generously with powdered sugar.Let cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polvorones De Cacahuate
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g