Recipe by Gayle McGowan
Italian Meatballs - Came from Italy! You can make these up in advance and just keep them covered in the fridge til you are ready to fry. You can also make them up and freeze them til ready.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1⁄3 loaf vienna bread
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the vienna bread in water.
- Squeeze out excess water and remove the crust.
- Shred decrusted bread into bowl.
- Mix all ingredients very well with hands until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into small egg shape meatballs.
- Fry in 1/2 vegetable oil and 1/2 olive oil until crispy. (put oil into frying pan or electric frying pan so that when meatballs are put in they are only covered half way. When first side is nice and crispy, turn over and fry other side.).