1/1 Photo of Pollo, Quimbobó Y Platano (Chicken, Okra and Plantain)
1 hr 20 mins
Another Cuban favorite. Marinate chicken overnight. We serve this meal every once in awhile. I like okra and served this way it is delicious! Cook it until it is the consistency you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- extra virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- 3 chopped onions
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 8 mashed garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups water or 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 extremely ripe plantains (black peels, mushy inside)
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive juice (liquid that olives are packed in)
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 1 whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces or 8 pieces of bone-in chicken breasts or 8 chicken legs, & thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 whole lemon, for seasoning
- 1 pinch sugar (to cut the acidity)
- 1Marinate chicken overnight with juice of one whole lemon, 4 mashed garlic cloves, cumin and a sprinkle of salt.
- 2When ready to cook, pat dry.
- 3In a large pot, add olive oil.
- 4Brown chicken on all sides.
- 5Remove chicken and put aside.
- 6Add a little more oil to pot.
- 7Sauté onions and bell peppers till soft.
- 8Add okra and stir-fry a few minutes.
- 9Add rest of garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
- 10Add rest of ingredients and saute one minute.
- 11Add water or chicken broth.
- 12Turn heat up high till liquid boils.
- 13Add chicken.
- 14Lower heat.
- 15Cover and simmer on very low for 1 hour.
- 16Serve with white fluffy rice and salad of tomatoes and lettuce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo, Quimbobó Y Platano (Chicken, Okra and Plantain)
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.5
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 594.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives