Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This a recipe that I got from Pampered Chef. It's great because it's SO easy, but it looks hard!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make the cake)
- salt water, taffy (Red or Pink)
- red sugar crystals or pink colored crystal sugar
- melted chocolate or frosting
- miniature yellow decorative candies
- Preheat oven to 375°F Prepare cake mix according to directions on package. Grease and flour wells of mini bundt or fluted pans. Divide batter evenly into wells. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pan five minutes. Move to rack and cool completely. Cakes can be wrapped individually and frozen for up to one month. Thaw completely before decorating.
- To decorate, microwave pink or red taffy or chews on high for five seconds; knead until smooth. If necessary, microwave for additional five second increments until softened.
- Sprinkle surface of candy with red or pink crystal sugar and roll out candy to form a thin ribbon, evenly coating the candy with sugar.
- For each poinsettia blossom, cut out six 2 1/2" petals and six 1 1/2" petals. Arrange first layer of larger petals over top of cake, securing with melted chocolate or frosting. Arrange the smaller petals, slightly offset over first layer.
- Fill center of blossom with miniature yellow candies. Do not refrigerate or freeze after decorating or the candy decoration will become sticky.