Recipe by Rita~
This recipe does have a lot of yummy juice (Hence the name) so sure you have lots of bread to soak up the delish broth. Or use the broth to make rice. I idea of this is to cook it in liquid so it stays moist. Poaching a fish means cooking it in a flavoured liquid at temperatures of 160 to 180 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a moist heat method. Poaching cooks a fish gently at low temperatures, because it has hot liquid it cooks quickly and retains maximum flavour and moisture. Poached fish can be served either hot or cold. Fish to be served hot is usually poached in fish stock with spices and white wine. This liquid may then become the body of a sauce to be served with the fish.
Top Review by chia
rita, this is not like your usual wonderful recipes. i was dissapointed with this dish. i use canned clam sauce on occasion but i doctor it with white whine and garlic. this dish was very liquidy. i tried to reduce it, but no go , so i wound up adding come arrowroot to thicken it. i served it over pasta, but it was bland, red pepper flakes helped a bit. sorry we didn't enjoy this .
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, seasoned with
- salt & pepper
- 1 -2 stalk fennel, whites sliced & greens for garnish (You can use a onion fennel mixture)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried saffron, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) canof rienzi white clam sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute Fennel and Garlic in olive oil for 8-10 minutes till tender and lightly golden.
- Add saffron and toss to release the beautiful yellow color and aroma.
- Add clam juice, wine, and clam juice for can clam sauce bring to simmer.
- Place fillet on top of fennel mixture and spoon some of the mixture on top and cover pan.
- Simmer low heat a barely simmer for 10 minutes. Less time if very thin fillets.
- Add white clam sauce heat 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with the fronds of the fennel and serve over mashed potatoes, rice or pasta with lots of crisp bread to soak up the juice.