Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that I thought looked good- I mean how could it not be? Still dying to try it....
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb ball fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb loaf coarse textured peasant bread
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over med/low heat. Add the garlic and cook until golden. Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to an approximately 8" round casserole dish. Place the cheese in the middle of the sauce and put in oven.
- Bake until the cheese has almost completely melted, about 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve with bread.