Recipe by mollypaul
A steamed pudding just lovely served with roast chicken or turkey. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 cups cornmeal (or polenta)
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together and combine with molasses and water.
- Grease a tube mold and line bottom with waxed paper.
- Fill prepared tube mold with batter 2/3 full, cover tightly and steam for 2 hours.
- Uncover mold and place in a preheated 350F oven for 10 to 15 minutes to dry out thoroughly.
- Remove pudding from mold and slice.