Freeze at least 8 hours...Overnight probably is preferable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly oil a 8x4x2" loaf pan, or line carefully with plastic wrap (any wrinkles in the wrap will show in the finished loaf).
- 2Drain plums and reserve 1 cup of the syrup.
- 3Pit plums.
- 4Put fruit and 1/4 cup of the syrup into the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until fairly smooth.
- 5Put ice cream in medium bowl.
- 6Stir in remaining 3/4 cup syrup, in 2 batches, until smooth.
- 7Spoon half of ice cream mixture into prepared pan.
- 8Add half of the plum puree and swirl once with a rubber spatula to marble.
- 9Working quickly, add rest of ice cream mixture and swirl with remaining puree as above.
- 10Place loaf pan into a larger pan for easy handling.
- 11Cover and freeze at least 8 hours, until firm.
- 12To serve: run a thick knife around edge of pan.
- 13Dip pan briefly (2 to 3 seconds) in very hot water and unmold onto a high-rimmed serving dish.
- 14Garnish with fresh plum slices.
- 15Slice loaf 1/2" thick using a long, thin knife dipped in hot water.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Ripple Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 28.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
plums in heavy syrup