Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Freeze at least 8 hours...Overnight probably is preferable!
Make and share this Plum Ripple Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (17 ounce) canspurple plums in heavy syrup
- 2 pints rich vanilla ice cream, softened (to use 3 cups)
- fresh plum, slices (to garnish)
- Lightly oil a 8x4x2" loaf pan, or line carefully with plastic wrap (any wrinkles in the wrap will show in the finished loaf).
- Drain plums and reserve 1 cup of the syrup.
- Pit plums.
- Put fruit and 1/4 cup of the syrup into the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until fairly smooth.
- Put ice cream in medium bowl.
- Stir in remaining 3/4 cup syrup, in 2 batches, until smooth.
- Spoon half of ice cream mixture into prepared pan.
- Add half of the plum puree and swirl once with a rubber spatula to marble.
- Working quickly, add rest of ice cream mixture and swirl with remaining puree as above.
- Place loaf pan into a larger pan for easy handling.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours, until firm.
- To serve: run a thick knife around edge of pan.
- Dip pan briefly (2 to 3 seconds) in very hot water and unmold onto a high-rimmed serving dish.
- Garnish with fresh plum slices.
- Slice loaf 1/2" thick using a long, thin knife dipped in hot water.