Recipe by carmenskitchen
From William's-Sonoma book entitled "Cocktail Parties". Perfect for an outdoor luau, it turns out a pretty pale pink if you use light rum. The grapefruit juice ensures that it's not too sweet since I don't like really sweet drinks. Very refreshing! I have doubled this recipe and it works out well so I'm sure it could be made in a large batch. Also, I wouldn't consider compromising the recipe by using canned juices. I have a juicer and juice fresh pineapple which makes the drink really frothy and delicious!!
- ice cube
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons club soda
- pineapple, spear (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a collins or tall glass with ice and a cocktail shaker half full with ice cubes.
- Pour in the rum, all the fruit juices and the simple syrup.
- Cover with lid and shake hard for about 20 seconds, then strain into glass.
- Top with the club soda, stir briefly and garnish with pineapple spear.