Recipe by Queen Dana
This is one of my husband's recipes. You can use a banana instead of a plantain but bananas tend to be smaller than plantains so use a very large banana or 2 small bananas. ***The directions have been written by my husband, if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.
Top Review by EliseFromMaine
The batter is very thin - my pancakes didn't hold shape very well, but I didn't care. They were light, almost like a Swedish plattar, and the vanilla complimented the plantains nicely. I used leftover plantains that I had already grilled, though I think very ripe (black) plantains, already cooked, would work best.
- 1 plantain, very ripe
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for pancake batter in mixer. mix thoroughly. ( batter will be lumpy ).
- proceed to cook like normal pancakes.
- combine butter, milk and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat.
- cook, whisking regularly until smooth and sugar is dissolved (5-6 mins).
- add rum and cook for two minutes more, whisking thoroughly.
- serve sauce hot over pancakes.