Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you away. This goes together in a very short time. My hubby had this at Planet Hollywood in Dallas at the WestEnd. Be sure to cut everything up ahead of time. As with all Asian cooking it needs to be right at hand. Hope you enjoy!
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 3.69 ml rice vinegar
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml hot and spicy oil (chili oil can be used)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 7.39 ml hoisin sauce
- 2.46 ml chopped fresh garlic
- 2.46 ml freshly chopped gingerroot
- 28.39 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml chinese mustard powder
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 7.39 ml water
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml sweet chili sauce
- 2.46 ml peanut butter
- 4.92 ml butter
- 4.92 ml chopped garlic
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 236.59 ml julienne-cut vegetables (celery, carrots,bell pepper and or or onion)
- 14.79 ml chopped cilantro (divided)
- 14.79 ml chopped peanuts (divided)
- 283.49 g linguine, cooked
- 29.58 ml chopped green onions (to garnish)
- Mix first 16 ingredients well. Set this sauce aside. (This can be refrigerated for 3-4 days).
- Place butter and garlic in a heated sauté pan. Cook 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Add additional butter if pan becomes too dry.
- Add cut vegetables, half of the cilantro and half of the peanuts. Add 1/2 c Thai sauce (or more to taste) and mix.
- Add shrimp/vegetable mixture to pasta, tossing well to coat.
- Garnish with green onion and remaining peanuts and cilantro.
Wordeful recipe, I really enjoyed it! Its also a very easy one, just mix the sauce, boil the pasta and a fast cooking! I added broccoli, mushroom, onion, carrot, zucchini and of course some shrimp. I skipped the chili cause I wasn't in the mood for a spicy dinner!!!
I will make this again for sure.
Thanks for sharing!
Love this spicy sauce! Really fast to make, too. I mixed up the sauce ingredients while the pasta water came to a boil. Very few dirty dishes-only a small bowl and a couple of measuring spoons for the sauce. I used 8 ounces of thin spaghetti and about half the sauce covered it nicely. Skipped the shrimp but cooked the sauce for a couple of minutes while the pasta drained (used the same pan, already hot from the pasta). Tossed with the cilantro and pasta for a wonderful lunch. I will make this many more times for sure!
This is an AWESOME recipe - and once you've made it the first time you have all the "ingredients" and it's a breeze! Tastes great on chicken too - one of our our favorite recipes!