Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious way to use up all your extra tomatoes from summer's crop, I usually prepare a double batch of these, because they are sooooooo good!
Top Review by ~Bekah~
Very easy and tasty! My son and I needed some "energy" last night and I remembered this recipe. In under 5 minutes we had a tasty snack and made our house smell wonderful too! Our tomatoes weren't as firm as I think they should have been, so ours were a bit sloppy to eat, but that is our fault! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- vegetable oil
- chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Dip tomatoes in flour mixture.
- In a frypan, fry tomatoes in oil, a few at a time, until golden on both sides.
- Sprinkle with chopped green pepper if desired.
- Top with cheese, broil in oven for a few minutes.
- until cheese is melted.
- note: if you sprinkle the mozza cheese on the tomatoes just after frying, then you won't have to put under broiler, the tomatoes will be hot enough for the cheese to melt.