Easy Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta
This is an easy dish to make, I make it often with my summer's crop of garden tomatoes and basil :)
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 2 -3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes) drain and toss the hot pasta with olive oil and garlic.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and basil; mix to combine, then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this up last nite because I have a million tomatoes and a gang of basil too! I followed the recipe exactly and wasn't impressed with the dish warm. I put the leftovers in the fridge and ate it for lunch today. I added a bit of italian dressing, and it was edible. Sorry, but made as directed it was not good to us.Reply
Just realized I had not reviewed this recipe and it is one of my favs that I make quite often for 2. Simple and delicious and you can change it up by using diff. pastas, adding grilled chicken or shrimp, artichoke hearts, capers, etc. I normally use 2 tomatoes for 2 servings. Reminds me of Carrabba's Tagliarini Picchi Pacchiu. Thank you so much for another great recipe, Kittencal!!!Reply
My hubby requested a "light pasta dish" to have the night before the triathelon he participated in last weekend and this was perfect. I did cook up one 8oz pkg of sliced mushrooms with some of the garlic and olive oil and added that in too. We didn't add any salt- the parmesan cheese with freshly ground pepper was delicious enough. Thanks for another great recipe!Reply
see 7 more