Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something my 3 year old son and I came up with and he named. We make these for lunch about once a week and he loves to help. It's completely kid-friendly, easy, inexpensive and yummy! You can top it with any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni or olives or mushrooms or sausage, etc
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and arrange in pie pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over biscuits (use more or less to your liking).
- Top with shredded cheese (can also use a combo of mozzarella and cheddar, or whatever your favorites are) and desired pizza toppings.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes or until biscuits are done.
These were awesome! I used Monterey jack cheese as I had it on hand and threw a few pickled jalapeno slices on one half and pepperoncini slices on the other half. Delicious! Would be great with a few mushrooms or olives too. The hardest part was waiting for them to cool enough before eating (unfortunately I didn't wait long enough...when will I ever learn? lol ) I will definitely be making these again, and soon! Thanks for the recipe!
I doubled this recipe and used a 9 X 13 pan, 1 (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits, a 14 oz jar of Ragu Pizza Sauce and an 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese. After it baked it filled the entire pan beautifully and Kater was so right - this was really YUMMY! I was going to make if for my grandson, but we changed the night he came over. No problem though because my 10 month old identical twin granddaughters LOVED this stuff as did their Mom and me! I will definitely make this again for my grandson, and actually, without topping or topped with pepperoni and with a tossed salad on the side, this would be a really quick, delicious weeknight meal. Thanks Kater's son for a great meal idea for our family!
Quick and easy. A great thing to have on hand for hungry teenagers to make!