Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a GREAT combo!!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup ragu old world style pasta sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (about 4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In 13x9-inch baking or roasting pan, shape into loaf. Top with remaining 1/2 cup Pasta Sauce.
- Bake uncovered, 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
from sues easy to bake easy to make cards good recipe
This was good but we thought it could have used more seasoning. I followed the recipe other then I used italian bread crumbs instead of the fresh. We all enjoyed this. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
*Made for PAC Fall 2007* This was a nice change from my traditional meatloaf recipe. I thought that maybe a little more seasoning was in order to really bring out the "pizza" taste. Next time I will use Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs and cut back to 1 cup as it was a bit firmer than we are used to. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom