I got this recipe from an OAMC cookbook. I made them during one of my cooking days with intentions to freeze them and have them on hand for my two teenagers when they wanted something quick. Before I could get them all put in the bags, my son and two of his friends came in and ate them! I started again and made 8 more to freeze. Came home from work two days later and they were gone! I think that speaks for itself...lol.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 loaves French bread, split down center and each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jarprocess cheese sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapenos (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in garlic powder and salt.
- Place each bread on a heavy duty foil piece. This will be used to wrap after assembling.
- Spread bread with cheese sauce. Top with beef mix, mushrooms, onions, jallepenos. Drizzle with pizza sauce. Top with parm and mozz cheeses.
- Wrap and freeze up to 3 months.
- To Bake: Unwrap loaves and place on baking sheet at 350 for 25 minutes. (You could also thaw these in fridge first and then bake for 18 minutes, but my teenagers won't allow time for this).