Here's a quick, inexpensive supper that even kids can enjoy! It's basically a powered-up goulash.
Make and share this Pizza in a Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 link sausage or 1 lb of loose Italian sausage
- 4 -5 diced garlic cloves (we like lots!)
- 1⁄2 cup diced onions or 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, such as wagon wheel
- 1 cup mixed white cheese (parmesan, mozzarella, etc)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Slice sausage into little rounds (about 1/4 inch thick) and cook in large skillet over medium-high heat -- or if using loose sausage, form 1" meatballs and cook until no pink remains.
- Throw diced garlic cloves and onion in final few minutes of sausage cooking.
- Add tomatoes, water, seasoning, and pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover skillet. Follow pasta cooking instructions (ranges between 8-15 minutes, check package).
- During final minute, add cheese and parsley, cover skillet, and finish cooking pasta.
- Great with crusty bread and a salad!