Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From "Good and Easy" Cookbook. Says it all!
- 4 cups wagon wheel macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Cook sausage in pan over medium high heat, until no longer pink. Drain.
- Mix cooked pasta, sausage, and remainig ingredients except cheese om an ungreased 2 1/2 qt casserole.
- Cover and bake about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. My family liked this casserole. I thought this was bland but I loved the idea of it and how easy it was. When I made this casserole I only had elbows. I used mild italian sausage links which I removed the casing. I added 4 or 5 links as I think it needed more than 1/2 pound. I was shy 2oz on my sauce and I used Ragu garden combo. and traditional. I goofed and topped my pasta before baking with the cheese and I topped the casserole with 4 handfuls of cheese. I covered this and baked. Overall this was so easy. The next time I make this I plan to try adding some ground beef along with the sausage and to add a chopped onion, plus to season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Overall I'll make this again! Christine (internetnut)