Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You'll want to triple this recipe for those sports fans. Make ahead & freeze well wrapped in foil, they'll keep for a couple of months. To serve the frozen pizza sticks preheat oven to 300f, place frozen sticks on a non stick baking sheet and bake for5-8 minutes Either way fresh or frozen they are good
- 12 breadsticks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-sodium tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili (optional or use less)
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, part skim, grated
- Heat oven to 300F, Place bread sticks about an inch apart on a baking sheet, foil lined and lightly sprayed with veggie oil In a bowl mix tomatoe paste, water, oil, chili (if using)& pepper, mix well Brush the tops of the bread sticks with this mixture.
- Sprinkle the sticks with the oregano, basil and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake bread sticks until heated through 3-5 minutes and the cheese has melted Cool 1 minute& serve warm.
I love bread stick and these were perfect, I did make ahead and froze them. They turned out great. Another recipe that got mailed out today. I think this was the easiest recipe of them all, thanks Bergy for such great recipes ;-) oh I did triple the recipe.
Quick and easy, and went together fast, so that I could have them with my spaghetti dinner. Really good!