Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This nut butter should be green, lightly sweet, and very delicious. You can add more or less honey to suit your taste (start with 1/4 cup and adjust), and more or less salt. Adapted from a recipe at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/gbTmFo
- 1 cup raw pistachios, without shells
- 1 cup whole blanched almond
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spread pistachios and almonds on a baking sheet. Toast until lightly fragrant, 7-8 minutes.
- Quickly transfer to the work bowl of a food processor, fitted with the steel blade, to avoid over-cooking. Process until a smooth paste forms, 8-10 minutes. Stop the processor and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula once or twice.
- Add salt and honey and process until combined. With processor running, drizzle in oil until very smooth, another 7-8 minutes. Transfer to jars or airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 2 months.