Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The quintessential non-Irish St. Paddy's Day dessert. ;)
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Add the dry cake mix, pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat, using an electric mixer, on low speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into a greased 9-inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan; then turn out onto a wire rack to let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
I've been making this recipe for years. My DH favorite. I use almond extract in place of vanilla and add a few green food color drops to cake batter. Its always a hit!
I made this last night for our St. Patrick's dinner. It was good, everyone liked it. I cooked mine for 55 minutes and wish I took it out at 50. If you make this, check it early. It's supposed to be very moist, so your tester won't come out completely clean.
delicious and moist!