Homemade Pastrami - No Smoker Needed
- Ready In:
- 696hrs 15mins
- Trim fat layer of corned beef to 1/8 inch.
- Mix together coriander, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle half of spice mixture on one side of meat. Sprinkle on half of red pepper flakes and cover with pepper.
- Press seasonings into the meat.
- Turn meat over and repeat on other side.
- Wrap tightly with a lightly oiled sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Place meat seam side down on another sheet of foil and wrap again tightly. Repeat 5 more times using 7 sheets of foil.
- Slow roast at 240°F for 5 hours
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Unwrap meat.
- If you like the coating, seal it on by baking at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- If you like your pastrami mild, you can scrape off the seasoning.
- Slice pastrami thinly at room temp or cooler.
- You can reheat in a frying pan with a few drops of water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!