Corned Beef, Cabbage, Macaroni Bake
photo by sydsmama
- Ready In:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups chopped leftover corned beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Add macaroni; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Return to saucepan; stir in corned beef and onions.
- Mix soup, milk, mustard and pepper in small bowl until well blended.
- Pour over corned beef mixture; toss to coat.
- Stir in cheese. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter in small bowl; sprinkle over corned beef mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until hot.
- If using leftovers simply omit the part about cooking the cabbage.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great family meal and a fabulous way to use up left over corned beef! Not that I had any, I actually bought some from my butcher especially for this recipe. For any Aussies out there I used 2 small 220gram tins of Windsor Farm buttered mushrooms. Cut the milk back to 1 cup and used one tablespoon each of Dijon and whole grain mustard. I also added about 6 button mushrooms cut finely as I had them there and I wanted to use them up. Both my young daughters loved this recipe and Dave ate three helpings! Served with garlic bread. Thank you Nana Lee for a keeper recipe that I will make again soon.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Click to feed animals I'm a retired teacher now living in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston. I have one daughter, 2 granddaughters, and 1 great-grandson(17 yo Dec '11)! I've travelled a bit throughout Europe and the U.S. as well as Honduras and Costa Rica. I think I may have some gypsy ancestors! I love to travel but am not able to anymore. So I do a LOT of reading instead. My current craft passion is knittng but I have dabbled in just about everything. I've done leaded glass work(stained glass), which I love; am working on counted cross stitch; and am willing to try any craft, at least once! I've also worked for a major insurance company as a case analyst. I have 2 cats, Teddy BB 11 .o. on the 19th of Feb, and CiCi who will be 5 years old on Mar 6th. src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/orn.jpg></p>