Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
5 Steps to Healthy Cooking – 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups cucumbers, peeled diced and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- In medium saucepan, bring orange juice, water and salt to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine lemon zest and lemon juice and oil.
- To the couscous, add cucumber, apricots, green onion and mint. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
I cut this back to 2 servings and made as directed minus the cucumber which I can't say that I love. Oh Yeah, and I had to use dried mint as I haven't seen any fresh yet this year (1.5 tsp's there of). I know that the fresh mint would have been nicer but when it comes down to it, you have to work with what you have. I still loved it a lot and the pistachio/apricot combo is stellar. So glad I found this for the NA/ME Couscous and Rice tag (Spring 2014).