cook from scratch's Note:
My kids are allergic to artificial flavors and colors. I am taking some cake decorating courses to try to make more professional looking cakes for them. Piping Gel is one supply I had not been able to find an alternative for so I found a recipe online. This recipe is from cakecentral.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- 2Gradually blend in the lemon juice and then the water.
- 3Stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- 4Color as desired.
- 5Store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- 6If it becomes too thick, stir in a tiny amount of water, a little at a time until gel reaches a pipe-able consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Piping Gel (For Decorating Cakes, Cookies Etc)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 101.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g