Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My kids are allergic to artificial flavors and colors. I am taking some cake decorating courses to try to make more professional looking cakes for them. Piping Gel is one supply I had not been able to find an alternative for so I found a recipe online. This recipe is from cakecentral.com
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Gradually blend in the lemon juice and then the water.
- Stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Color as desired.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- If it becomes too thick, stir in a tiny amount of water, a little at a time until gel reaches a pipe-able consistency.