Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
The yummy combination of pork and pinto beans featured in this snack will remind you of chalupa. So good! Combine them with corn chips (read, Fritoes) and you'll be in snack heaven. This really is a delicious snack and the recipe makes a lot. You'll enjoy this on Super Sunday while watching the big game or any day. This makes a great meal, too. Recipe from Gooseberry Patch.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried pinto beans
- 1 (5 lb) pork loin roast
- 7 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (I use a 7-oz. can)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- corn chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- The Night Before: Place rinsed beans in a large pot and cover withe water. Allow to soak overnight. Drain.
- Transfer beans to cockpot. Add remaining ingredients except garnishes. Cover and cook on LO heat for 9 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot. Remove bones and return meat to crockpot.
- Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes until thickened. While meal is cooking, prepared desired garnishes, putting each into its own bowl so that guests may choose which they want. (Some will choose ALL!).
- Serve over corn chips, garnishing as desired.