Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Pint-Size Pb & J Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly or 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- Combine first 4 ingredients; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine sugar and next 4 ingredients; beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into 24 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling half full.
- Top each with 1/4 teaspoon jelly, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pans immediately; let cool on a wire rack.
My muffins were very moist. I baked half in a dark tin, and the other half in a light one, and the ones in the dark tin were slightly burnt, so I would suggest either baking them at a lower temperature or to adjust baking time a little bit. Amazingly, the muffins tasted really peanut buttery even with just that small amount of peanut butter. Only change I made was to use 1 whole egg instead of 2 whites. Thank you for posting.
Tasty! I didn't have a miniature muffin pan so I used a regular sized one-miniature would have definitely worked better because the jelly would have covered the whole muffin. So note to future chefs-make sure the jelly covers the whole muffin area-a little extra jelly never hurt any one. A nice tasty snack-more like a cupcake I would say though because it is sweet. Great for peanut butter lovers! Thanks for the great recipe!