Karen in Gotham's Note:
Vita-Mix developed this recipe for the Komen Northeast Ohio Race for the Cure ® (although I don't know exactly when). This recipe can probably be made in a conventional blender, but if you can fit a Vita-Mix into your budget and are serious about food and health, by all means do so (and no, I have no affiliation with them); among its many virtues, it can tear through icy jobs like nobody's business. I made my own modifications, which appear in parentheses. This smoothie has myriad health benefits which I won't list here, some of which can be viewed by following this link: http://www.vitamix.com/household/infocenter/race.html. The ginger, BTW, is crucial to this recipe--it really adds a punch! Seedless black grapes will give a spicier, somewhat less sweet result and frozen fruit can be substituted for all or part of the ice if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red seedless grapes or 1 cup seedless black grapes
- 1 cup strawberry (fresh or frozen)
- 1 slice fresh ginger, peeled (to taste)
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (or a similar amount of soy milk if a vegan smoothie is needed) or 1/2 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup ice cube (OR frozen skim milk or soy milk cubes)
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen (my own addition, with thanks to Rita L for getting me back into the habit! I use CC Pollen) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, Penzeys has several wonderful varieties)
- 1Wash fresh fruit and place all ingredients in the Vita-Mix container (or blender) in the order listed.
- 2Secure 2-part lid.
- 3Select VARIABLE, speed #1.
- 4Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH.
- 5Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth (or gradually increase your blender's speed and process until everything is smooth.
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Ribbon Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 92.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g