Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For this recipe, you will need to use LOBO apples and watch the pretty pink color appear like magic! Not only beautiful, delicious too.
- Cut the apples in halves.
- Put apples, lemon juice, apple juice and lemon zests in pot.
- Cover pot and cook on low for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- When apples have softened, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Press applesauce through a strainer or a food mill.
- Add maple syrup, mix well.
I used Paula Red apples and the color was beautiful. Next time I will add a little more maple syrup and a little less lemon juice. Made for Think Pink October forum