This is my kind of recipe!! Easy to make and so attractive turned out on a serving plate. A recipe from Dole Pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Drain pineapple slices; reserve 1/2 cup syrup.
- 3In 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt 1/4 cup margarine.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir until blended.
- 6Arrange pineapple slices in skillet.
- 7Place 1 cherry in center of each slice.
- 8In large mixer bowl, beat remaining 1/4 cup margarine and 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- 9Beat in egg and molasses.
- 10In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- 11In small saucepan, bring reserved pineapple syrup to a boil.
- 12Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with hot syrup.
- 13Spread evenly over pineapple slices in skillet.
- 14Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 15Let stand in skillet on wire rack 5 minutes.
- 16Invert onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Upside-down Gingerbread
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 374.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g