Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my kind of recipe!! Easy to make and so attractive turned out on a serving plate. A recipe from Dole Pineapple.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve 1/2 cup syrup.
- In 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt 1/4 cup margarine.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir until blended.
- Arrange pineapple slices in skillet.
- Place 1 cherry in center of each slice.
- In large mixer bowl, beat remaining 1/4 cup margarine and 1/2 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and molasses.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- In small saucepan, bring reserved pineapple syrup to a boil.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with hot syrup.
- Spread evenly over pineapple slices in skillet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand in skillet on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.