Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is another way to serve French toast that makes it special enough for birthday mornings or other special occasions. Enjoy it anytime!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a rimmed 9X13 cookie sheet (or baking dish) sprayed with cooking spray, evenly arrange pineapple slices.
- (I have also coated the pan with butter) Place 1/2 cherry in center of each ring.
- Evenly sprinkle the brown sugar over the pineapple slices.
- In a shallow bowl, combine milk, pineapple juice, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Dip bread slices into mixture, coating both sides.
- Evenly place bread slices onto the pineapple.
- Evenly pour any remaining milk mixture over the bread.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Made this recipe for my son and he loved it. Made 1/2 a recipe and melted about 2 TBL of butter for the bottome of the dish. Next time I make, will not pour remaining egg/milk mixture over top. Thanks for posting.
This is a really nice twist on classic french toast. The only change I made was to use Whole Wheat bread and skim milk.
this is a wonderful idea- I made it this morning for father's day. However (and I realize I may have made an error) pouring the remaining milk mixture over the bread made it soggy and not very appetizing. The blend of flavors was good though.