Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a low fat recipe. And it's quite tasty. And super easy. Just a note: Place the sweet potatoes in a pan before you bake them so any syrup that leaks out wont create a mess in your oven.
- 2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup drained crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Scrub potatoes; prick all over with fork. Place in shallow baking pan or pie pan (do not use glass). Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until tender.
- Set oven control to broil. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half. Mash cut sides slightly with fork. Spoon pineapple over cut sides of potatoes. Top with sunflower nuts and brown sugar.
- Broil with tops 4 to 6 inches from heat 2 to 3 minutes or until brown sugar is bubbly.