Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 2 cups self rising flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water, Cold
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 can pineapple, Crushed
- 1 can pie apple
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Rub margarine into flour(reserve
- 4 tsps flour) and stir in Splenda.
- Beat egg yolk with 2 tsps lemon juice and water and add to flour.
- Combine to form a firm dough.
- Knead lightly and refrigerate 30 mins.
- Sprinkle work surface with reserved flour & roll out to a large rectangle. Mix softened honey into pineapple & apple, spread over pastry and roll Swiss roll style. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place roll in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake 400F 30 mins till cooked.
- Heat pineapple juice, made up to 1 1/4 cups with water, till boiling.
- Blend cornstarch with a little water and add to mixture. Cook, stirring till mixture boils, then simmer 1 min.
- Stir in remaining lemon juice and pour over warm roll.