Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Micronesia is a subregion of Oceania, comprising thousands of small islands in the western Pacific Ocean. It is distinct from Melanesia to the south, and Polynesia to the east. The Philippines lie to the west, and Indonesia to the southwest. Adding lime juice to a smoothie may sound strange, but Micronesians know – this is like adding a hint of key lime pie to your drink.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 4 cups papayas, chunks (about 1/2 a papaya seeded, peeled, and cubed)
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 cup coconut water, as needed
- handful ice (or more to taste)
- Be sure to chill all ingredients overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Start with just a 1/2 cup of coconut water and a handful of ice. Add more of either, to taste.