Recipe by GotsaLuvMe
My mom made this at every holiday celebration. Very nostalgic. Very green. MMM MMM good! (Cook time is fridge time).
Top Review by sosiboys
This was ok for me. My mom used to make a jello that tasted like this only she used cottage cheese. This certain recipe had too much pineapple flavor to it. Oh well thanks anyway.
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup of reserved pineapple juice (you may have a little less)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- Spray Jello mold or bowl with PAM cooking spray.
- Dissolve Jell-o in 2 cups of boiling water, stirring for a few minutes.
- Add enough cold water to the reserved pineapple juice to equal 1.5 cups, and add to Jell-o mixture.
- Whisk in about 8 oz. sour cream (mom used a little less).
- Dump pineapple inches.
- Chill until set.
- If you want to unmold the dish, set bowl into warm water for 30 seconds, and place plate on top of bowl.
- Invert the bowl onto the plate and let the jell-o slide out.