Recipe by Leslulu
My mom gave this recipe to me. Truly simple and sooo delicious! Also, a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good; made based off of chef#204024's review. I wanted to try these carrots because of the great photos chef#204024 posted. I cooked the carrots a lot longer than instructed, 4 yr old DS won't eat if they are "too crunchy" (but eats raw carrots?!) I made the sauce at the same time as the carrots and then took it off the heat and let it thicken and it was very thick. When I added the carrots though, the moisture thinned it out right away; next time I will cook a little in the sauce to let it re-thicken. Will be making these again since both DS's ate them up!!
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Put carrots in a medium sauce pan, put enough water in pan to just cover the carrots.
- Turn heat to high and boil the carrots for about 5 minutes (or until heated through, while retaining their crispy texture). Drain and place in serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter, add sugar, pineapple juice and the ginger. Bring mixture to a light boil and stir until sugar has melted and incorporated into all the other ingredients.
- Pour mixture over the carrots and toss gently.