Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mouth watering and tender!! (Marinate time 30 min to 1 hour)
- 2 -3 lbs beef eye round or 2 -3 lbs pork tenderloin
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple rings, in own juice, divided, reserve juice
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, packed, roughly chopped
- Cut a slit in side of roast, without going through to the other side.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper inside slit and all over roast.
- Chop finely, 2 slices of pineapple.
- Whisk together pineapple juice, yogurt and paprika.
- Stir in oregano and chopped pineapple.
- Pack slit with pineapple, oregano, yogurt mixture, squeeze out most of the juice and reserve.
- Close slit with toothpicks.
- Place roast in a zip lock bag.
- Pour remaining juice, yogurt mixture over roast.
- Squeeze air out of bag and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place marinated meat in roaster and squeeze marinade out of bag onto the roast, add more chopped oregano if desired.
- Roast at 400°F for 45 minutes to one hour depending on degree of doneness desired.
- 15 minutes before removing from oven, place pineapple rings along top and around sides of roast, return to oven to finish. Cover and let stand 10 minutes before carving.