- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I used spenda brown sugar blend)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 2 6-8 ounce portions (I used 1 pound of salmon cut into 4 portions to feed 3 people)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a measuring cup or small bowl combine first 6 ingredients (pineapple w/ juice - salt); set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and then sprayed with Pam.
- Place fish fillets in pan skin side down leaving at least 1 inch between them.
- Top each fillet with pineapple mixture, evenly coating the top of the fish.
- Bake for 10 minutes per inch of fish thickness or until fish is cooked through but not dry.
- If topping is still moiste place fish under broiler for a minute or so or until excess moisture evaporates and fish starts color.