Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted in reply to a "recipe request". Prep/Cook times do not include the 1-2 hour chilling time before processing in your ice cream machine. The 20 minute "Cooking" time is the time it takes my ice cream machine to freeze approx 1 Quart of ice cream.
- 1⁄2 large fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4 cup cream of coconut
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar (**)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream (**)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional) or 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- Cube pineapple and puree in a blender; you should end up with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of puree.
- Blend all remaining ingredients into pineapple puree.
- Chill mixture until cold (about 1-2 hours).
- Process according to your ice cream machine directions.
- ** For a "lighter"/"diet" version:.
- sub 6 envelopes of "Equal" for the 2/3 cup powdered sugar (or use sweetner of your choice), and/or sub 2/3 cup 1% milk for the heavy cream.