Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The salty, naturally creamy flavor of these addictive snacks is wonderful! They also make a good substitute for croutons on a salad. Any leftovers can be incorporated into other dishes, casseroles, etc. Enjoy! Adapted from Whole Foods.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (chickpeas)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pimenton (smoked paprika)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients. Move to a large rimmed baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, until dry and crisp, about 35-40 minutes.
- Cool slightly, and then serve in mini cupcake liners or little cups or dishes, allowing about 2 tablespoons per serving.
- They’re best freshly made, but save any leftovers for incorporating into a meal!
The smoky flavor of the paprika is a nice complement to the garbonzo beans. My eldest, who despises chickpeas unless they're in humus even liked them. A tasty snack and good for you - can hardly go wrong with these!