Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A spicy condiment used in Portuguese cooking. Use to spice up soups, rubbed onto a chicken before roasting, or add to liquid when cooking vegies.
- 1 lb red chili pepper (hot or mild, or a mix)
- 1⁄8 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and stem the peppers. Remove seeds if you don't want the "heat".
- Place peppers and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Place the ground peppers in a medium saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and pour into a clean jar. Cool.
- When cool, top with a layer of olive oil, put lid on jar and refrigerate up to 3 months.