Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Strangers may reject pigs tails, which are in every shop, even most modern supermarkets. This recipe is not the same as the local one, but it makes an appetising & inexpensive meal. Caribbean Cooking For Pleasure, Mary Slater.
- Trim & wash the tails.
- Put them in a suace pan covered with salt water and simmer for 35-55 minutes according to size, OR until tender. Drain & dry, BUT keep tails hot.
- Melt butter in a fry pan until light brown.
- Add stock and cook until reduced by nearly HALVED.
- Add egg yolks scraping the bottom of pan to prevent sticking & stirring all the time until the sauce is thick.
- DO NOT allow to boil after the egg yolks have been added.
- Add chives, pepper & hot sauce; stir again.
- Serve the pigs tails on bed of Peas An' Rice.
- Either pour sauce over or serve separately.