Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is a Paula Deen recipe that looked and sounded too good to be true. We love sweet cornbread in the South and this looks like it will hit the spot. I have not made this one yet. I am putting it here on Zaar so I will be able to find it again. I think this would make a great Sunday breakfast or a Sunday dinner for 2.
- 16 pork sausage links
- 3 -4 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box cornbread mix (like Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup maple syrup, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Cook sausages in a skillet until done, piercing with a fork to let out some of the fat.
- While the sausages are cooking mix the cornbread batter with the egg and 1/3 Cup milk; set aside.
- When sausages are done, arrange them in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Layer sliced apples on top of sausages.
- Pour cornbread batter over everything.
- Bake for approximately 30 min or until the cornbread is done.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.