Recipe by Wenstar
This recipe is posted in response to a request for Turkish Pide Bread. It is from The Art of Turkish Cooking which my husband brought back from Turkey over 10 years ago after living for a year in Pirincirlik near Diyarbakir. I haven't tried this recipe before but the other recipes I have tried came out great.
- 500 g flour
- 25 g yeast
- 125 ml water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the Flour.
- Mix yeast and water together, add the flour and knead with salt into a dough.
- Cover with a wet towel and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces.
- Form 2 round cakes about 20 cm.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds over it.
- Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes.